The 17th edition of Meetings Africa – the leading business tourism show for the continent, owned by South African Tourism – will take place from 28 February to 01 March 2023 at the Sandton Convention Centre.
Acting Chief Convention Bureau Officer of the SANCB, Zinhle Nzama, says that Meetings Africa’s new positioning is “Africa’s success built on quality connections”, and the show will focus on improving its platform to showcase Africa to the world.
Nzama has also confirmed with Tourism Update that feedback from the last show – obtained through debriefing, focus groups and one-on-one sessions – has been considered so that improvements can be made for the upcoming event across six key areas:
- Improved timing and frequency of communication across all channels
- A vetting agency will qualify all hosted buyers, while exhibitors are being invited to nominate or recommend potential buyers
- A mobile app will be introduced and integrated with the diary booking system and website
- Inclusive public-private engagement will be carried out when developing the pre- and post-show tours
- More networking events will be created to help bring buyers and exhibitors together, including through the Business Opportunity Networking Day (BONDay) on 27 February
- A new Recovery Package is also being offered for exhibitors in 2023, consisting of an entry-level ‘plug-and-play package’ with furniture, which comes in just under R15 000
Registration for exhibitors is now open. Contact the exhibition sales team on +27 11 476 5104 or email@example.com to find out more.
Hosted buyers are also invited to submit applications via the website at www.meetingsafrica.co.za/hostedbuyer/.